1/2 pound pork sausage
1 sweet potato
1 apple, cored
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon fat (I used butter)
1) Add your pork sausage and seasonings to a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
2) Now grab your food processor. If you don't have a food processor, jokes on you and you'll have to use a shredder or whatever will shred your apple and sweet potato into hash brown threads. If you're using a food processor, put on the shredding tool.
3) Throw your whole sweet potato and apple to it to be shredded (I'm getting sick of the word 'shred').
4) Once they are done, add the sweet potato and apple directly to your pork sausage mixture and use your hands to combine with the pork.
5) Heat up a large skillet under medium-high heat and add a bit of fat to the pan. (Coconut oil would be great for these patties.)
6) Now form 4 patties of your mixture and add the patties directly to your oiled pan. Cook at both sides for about 5-6 minutes depending how thick they are.
7) Enjoy this food with a friend, on the floor of a CrossFit gym. It just doesn't taste quite the same at an actual kitchen table.
Juli Bauer is a regular contributor to Again Faster and the sole author of PaleOMG.