1lb ground beef
6 slices of bacon, cubed
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14) ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 (8) ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 sweet potatoes (optional)
This really ain't that hard people. Check this out. I served my chili over sweet potatoes because I think I'm cool like that. So do it.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Poke holes in your sweet potatoes with a fork.
3) Place on rack in oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until potato is soft and cooked through.
4) Now pull out a large pot, add your cubed bacon and let cook down.
5) While the bacon is cooking, chop all your veggies.
6) When the bacon has browned and is a bit crisp, add your veggies.
7) Let cook for about 6 or so minutes, then add your ground beef and all the spices.
8) Once the beef is browned, add your tomato sauce and fire roasted tomatoes.
9) Mix well and let all the flavors meld together while cooking on low for the next 8 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
10) Then split open your sweet potato, pour your chili over it, and eat. Delicious.
Juli Bauer is a regular contributor to Again Faster and the sole author of PaleOMG.