For over a decade the Catch A Lift Fund (CAL), a nationwide 501c3 non for profit, has led the charge in providing post 9/11 combat-injured Veterans with holistic methods of healing ALL injuries, mentally, physically and spiritually. CAL was founded in Memory of Cpl. Christopher Coffland US Army, who was killed in action on November 13, 2009 in Afghanistan.
Again Faster is a proud equipment provider for CAL and the veterans who have sacrificed so much for our country.
CAL promotes a healthy lifestyle focused on fitness, wellness, and accountability. Fellow Veteran leaders, mentors, & coaches manage each individual's needs taking into account injuries or obstacles.
Addiction, weight gain, depression, which are all common results of overmedicating and lack of purpose, are replaced by fostering a reliance on movement, renewed purpose and community. The results are astounding. Often cited by many Veterans, “Catch A Lift Fund has saved my life.”
One month shy of his 42nd birthday, Chris Coffland joined the US Army. He joined to protect our Country and Flag, which he passionately loved. He vowed he would most likely not return back to American soil, as to “take the place of another man or woman with a family and children back home.” In 2009, Coffland died in Afghanistan by a roadside bomb on a mission, where he did just that.
His philosophy was that one could achieve the highest quality of life both mentally and physically through fitness. Wherever Coffland lived throughout the world, when headed to workout, he coined the phrase “I’m gonna’ catch a lift," the inspiration for the Catch A Lift Fund.
Any combat-injured Veteran that has been deployed to a warzone can apply to CAL and, upon approval, enter the CAL Wellness Program. Iraq/ Afghanistan combat-injured Veterans can apply for grant funding as well.
A CAL “membership” provided to an approved Veteran participant (member) consists of lifetime access to the CAL Wellness Program.
The Wellness Program provides:
- Coaching, mentorship and accountability provided by CAL civilian and veteran staff
- Motivational support
- Community connection through events nationwide
- Womens Fitness Initiative Group
- Full access to the Landing Zone. A proprietary on-line wellness platform including videos, articles, programming and resources.
- LiveStream weekly podcast hosted by Veteran Coaches featuring Veteran guests
- GRANT FUNDING for Iraq/Afghanistan Combat Injured Veterans. Grants include personal choice of a fitness gym membership anywhere in the US, or in-home equipment adapted to individual needs, and Education/Certification grant in the Wellness, Fitness or Nutrition field, extended to qualified members
Results? Thousands upon thousands of pounds have been shed, medications drastically reduced, if not completely dropped, reintegration with family members and friends, and finding a purpose again in life are results we see everyday!